EDAA – European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance
Deadline for applications: Applications will be treated as they come in. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, for a start date early October
What you’ll be doing
EDAA is looking for a highly motivated and reliable Communications & Projects Intern, to work with our small international team in Brussels. The ideal candidate will show keen interest in self-regulation, digital advertising and online privacy! Working in our office in central Brussels (or telework due to covid-19 policy), you will be supporting the team by developing key communications initiatives and materials, as follows:
Communications (approx. 70%)
- Support implementation of annual communications strategy;
- Develop EDAA messaging;
- Support in drafting press releases, blogs and newsletters;
- Ensure EDAA websites are responsive, clear and engaging;
- Develop social media presence and influence;
- Draft high-quality communications materials and publications (e.g. infographics) explaining the role and value of EDAA and its activities;
- Organise meetings and support development of the annual “EDAA Summit”.
Projects (approx. 30%)
- Respond to member and consumer requests and queries
- Support in conducting a consumer survey at European level
- Engage with participating members and regularly update organisation’s CRM tool
What skills and experience you need
- Relevant communications experience;
- Experience in project management (related to communications);
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Adept problem-solver, demonstrating a positive attitude towards challenges;
- Excellent English writing, editing and proofreading skills;
- Eye for creativity, with some knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (notably, InDesign and/or PhotoShop) and/or Canva;
- Competent in Microsoft Office: Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Outlook;
- Excellent level of English (knowledge of other European languages an asset);
- Interest in issues surrounding data protection or online privacy, as well as a keen interest in the digital advertising industry;
- Enthusiastic approach to delivering high quality results with attention to detail;
- Proactive team player, with an ability to work autonomously towards completion of tasks and responsibilities.
What EDAA offers
- A full time 6-month internship contract (under Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle);
- Support for your individual development;
- The opportunity to experience an international working environment within a small and committed multicultural team;
- Exposure to a diverse range of stakeholders (notably across the advertising industry);
Candidates must already have the right to work in Belgium.
Type of contract: 6-months internship (Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle)
A full application must consist of your CV and cover letter (in English), and 1-2 examples of prior work (written and/or graphic design, if available).
All applications should be sent to Dave Barron at email@example.com, with the subject heading: “EDAA APPLICATION: COMMUNICATIONS & PROJECTS INTERNSHIP”.
Applications will be treated as they come in. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, for a start date early October
Due to the high volume of expected applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
More information about the EDAA
The European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance is a non-profit organisation based in Brussels and is responsible for enacting key aspects of the self-regulatory initiative for data-driven advertising across Europe. EDAA principally acts as the central licensing body for the AdChoices Icon and provides technical means for consumers to exercise transparency and control over data-driven advertising through the www.youronlinechoices.eu online consumer choice platform. EDAA is governed by EU-level organisations which make up the value chain of data-driven advertising within Europe and acts to ensure European consistency in approach. More information can be found at www.edaa.eu.