We are committed to ensure the protection of your Personal Data and your privacy. To better protect your privacy, we provide this page explaining our online information practices.
- What terms do we use in this Privacy Notice?
- EDAA referred to as “EUROPEAN INTERACTIVE DIGITAL ADVERTISING ALLIANCE”, an international non-profit association with a business address of 26 rue des Deux Eglises, 1000 Brussels and registered in Brussels under number BE 0846.790.105, which is the data controller under Privacy Law.
- We use the term “User” to refer to the users of our website and services.
- We use any of the terms “you”, “your” and “yours” to refer to the User who is reading this Privacy Notice.
- We use any of the terms “we”, “us”, and “our” to refer to EDAA.
- We use the term “Personal Data” to refer to personally identifiable information about you.
- We use the term “Privacy Law” to refer specifically to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 and its various implementing regulations and rulings.
- What information do we collect, and on what legal basis?
We monitor the non-personal information collected in our server log files. This information includes for example number of visitors to the site, most popular pages, operating system, and browser type. We use this information to help us improve our website and enhance your viewing experience. The server log files do not collect Personal Data.
We may collect Personal Data in connection with a communication, application or service provided to you (such as information and events), including your name, address, age, contact information (such as email or phone number), job title, IP address. We may also collect your preferences as to how you wish us to communicate with you, and your newsletter subscriptions. The types of Personal Data that we collect will depend on the communication, application or service you apply for or receive.
The processing of your Personal Data described in this Notice is based on your consent or on contractual necessity (which means that the processing of your Personal Data is required for the performance of a contract between you and EDAA) or based on our legitimate interest (to which you have the right to object).
You may always choose not to provide the requested information, but in doing so we may be unable to provide the communication, application or service you request.
By submitting your Personal Data to us, you will be treated as having given your permission for the processing of your Personal Data as set out in this Privacy Notice.
We will not disclose, sell, rent or exchange such personally identifiable information to any other organisation or entity unless you are first notified and you expressly agree to it, or as otherwise required by law.
Our websites may use cookie information to personalise your viewing experience. For more information, please visit our Cookie Notice on the right.
- Other privacy policies?
- For what purpose do we collect Personal Data?
We will not use your Personal Data for other purposes than those stated in this Privacy Notice or for the purpose specifically indicated when we collect it. In particular, we may use Personal Data in order to:
- Help us provide you with the communication, application or services
- Help us process claims and other transactions
- Confirm or correct Personal Data
- Process information for us
- Help us run our business and compliance programmes
- Audit our business
- Perform research for us
- Communicate with you: sending invitations and communications related to EDAA events, as well as relevant EDAA publications and EDAA news; keeping a record of your relationship with EDAA including ensuring we know how you prefer to be contacted
- Job applications: processing applications for a position at EDAA
- Event Booking: we (directly or via our subcontractor) collect and process your personal information including your name, address, telephone number, company name, position and email address, and other preferences such as profile, photos, workshop and activity choices. At times, you may be asked to provide additional information, such as payment to provide under a secure conference registration process. When you provide your credit card number, it will only be shared with verified third parties who perform tasks required to complete the purchase transaction
- Photographs and Videos: We may use pictures and videos of you taken during events and post them on our websites. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest to promote our activities. If you have a valid reason to object to our legitimate interest, we ask you to contact us and we will then no longer use your personal data in new information material. We will also remove you from already published material wherever possible and/or modify the material so you cannot be identified any longer.
There may be other reasons to use or disclose Personal Data, such as:
- Doing what a local or foreign court or government agency requires us to do;
- Disclosing Personal Data to another company if we are or may be selling, assigning, or otherwise transferring all or any part of our business or merging with another company.
In case you have agreed to such purposes, you have the right to object, free of charge and at any time, to the processing of Personal Data for marketing purposes by contacting us at the contact points mentioned at the end of this Privacy Notice.
The persons and companies to whom we may disclose Personal Data for any of the above reasons may be located in Belgium or in other countries. These other countries might not have laws that provide the same level of data protection as the Privacy Law. However, those persons or companies must agree to protect any Personal Data we give them from improper use and disclosure. We will secure appropriate contractual guarantees from such persons or companies’ service providers to ensure equivalent level of protection to Personal Data, as required by the Privacy Law.
- Data Retention
EDAA will retain your Personal Data as follows:
- Communications: Personal Data will be kept until you withdraw your consent;
- Event booking: for 1 year after the event, unless you withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data earlier;
- Information, enquiries and services: for 1 year, unless you withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data earlier;
- Job applications: for 1 year, unless you withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data earlier.
- Photographs/videos: Personal Data will be kept until you validly object to our legitimate interest to process your personal data;
EDAA will retain your Personal Data in accordance with applicable legal requirements, and only for as long as necessary for the purposes described in this Notice, as indicated above or as long as required by law or to defend potential legal claims.
- Your Rights
Pursuant to the Privacy Law we will make Personal Data available to you for review pursuant to a simple request from you. If you tell us that the Personal Data is incorrect or is used inappropriately, we will correct, update, restrict the use of, or delete Personal Data as appropriate. For information about how to get access to Personal Data, please refer to the contact points mentioned at the end of this Privacy Notice. You have the right to object at any time to the use of your Personal Data, by simple request to the contact points mentioned at the end of this Privacy Notice. You have the right to receive your personal data in a useable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to “data portability”).
EDAA is committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concerns about privacy. If, however, you believe that EDAA has not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to make a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the Member State of your habitual residence, of your place of work or of an alleged infringement of the Privacy Laws (for Belgium see www.dataprotectionauthority.be and for other countries click here).
- Is your Personal Data protected?
We maintain reasonable physical, electronic, standard security practices, including encryption, passwords and physical security measures, and managerial procedures to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Data. Only a limited number of persons within us are authorised to access, delete or modify your data. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that your privacy interests are protected.
If information received is harmful, obscene, threatening, criminal or has criminal implications, we reserve the right to use, disseminate, or store this information as we deem appropriate in our sole and absolute discretion.
- Do we track whether users open our emails?
Our emails may contain a single, campaign-unique “web beacon pixel” to tell us whether our emails are opened and verify any clicks through to links within the email. We may use this information for purposes including determining which of our emails are more interesting to users, to query whether users who do not open our emails wish to continue receiving them. The pixel will be deleted when you delete the email. If you do not wish the pixel to be downloaded to your device, you should use the appropriate options of your email client to inhibit receiving images in emails from us.
- Applicable law and Jurisdiction
Any dispute arising from or related to the use of this website or to the acceptance, interpretation or observance of the Privacy Notice shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent Court of Brussels which shall apply Belgian law.
- How to Contact Us?
For further information, or inquiries about our privacy practices, please contact us at:
EUROPEAN INTERACTIVE DIGITAL ADVERTISING ALLIANCE
26 rue des Deux Eglises,
1000 Brussels, Belgium
- To identify you
- To customize our site for you
- To help improve navigation
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. If you prefer, you can set your browser to reject cookies. However, you will not be able to take full advantage of our web site if you do so.
We use tracking technology to better understand site traffic patterns and use. However, none of the information collected via tracking technology is personally identifiable information.