All fees for use of the OBA Icon and/or Consumer Choice Platform are detailed below.
OBA Icon licence fees
Under the European OBA Self-Regulatory Programme licensing agreements, the fees for acquiring a licence to display the OBA Icon in the EU/EEA are the following:
- Regular fee: 5 000 (five thousand) EUR. This fee will be charged per calendar year;
- Small or Medium sized Enterprise (SME) fee (see technicalities below): 3 000 (three thousand) EUR. This fee will be charged per calendar year.
Web Site Operators fees:
- 3 000 (three thousand) EUR. Under the terms of the European OBA Self-Regulatory Programme, a Web Site Operator is “the owner, controller or operator of the web site with which the web user interacts”. Should a Website Operator wish to licence the OBA Icon to provide adequate disclosure of Third-Party OBA collection and use of data, the above fee applies. This fee will be charged per calendar year.
- The licence will be granted free of charge for Website Operators such as publishers, advertisers, etc. on websites with a purely national focus and readership.
Consumer Choice Platform participation fees
All participating companies (Third-Parties only) who wish to be integrated on the Consumer Choice Platform are subject to the following fees:
- Regular fee: 5 000 (five thousand) EUR. This fee will be charged per calendar year.
- Small or Medium sized Enterprise (SME) fee: 3 000 (three thousand) EUR. This fee will be charged per calendar year.
Website Operators wishing to signify adherence to the European Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising on a voluntary basis may also display the OBA Icon on websites they own, operate or control in order to provide adequate disclosure of Third-Party OBA data collection and use.
Technicalities: A company is considered to be a Small or Medium sized Enterprise (SME) if its annual revenue from online display advertising is below the threshold of 3,000,000 (three million) EUR. This revenue is based on the last historical financial year. No company is obliged to provide EDAA with their annual revenue from all online display advertising.
However, by not doing so, the company agrees in effect to pay the fee designated for a large company. If an SME applies to benefit for the lesser fee, then they must provide evidence that their revenue for all online display advertising is lower than the threshold. This evidence will be subject to examination and approval by EDAA.
Quick fees reference
|OBA Icon Licence||OBA User Choice Platform|
|Regular Fee||5000 EUR||5000 EUR|
|SME Fee||3000 EUR||3000 EUR|
|Web Site Operators (if not with Purely National Focus and/or Readership)||3000 EUR||3000 EUR (when appropriate)|
|Web Site Operators with a Purely National Focus and/or Readership||Free of charge||N/A|