What you’ll be doing
EDAA is looking for a highly motivated and reliable Communications & Projects Intern, to work with our small international team in Brussels. If you’re a proactive self-starter with a professional attitude and are eager to gain experience at the heart of Europe, in an environment where the world of digital advertising meets the growing demands for consumer data protection and online privacy, then this opportunity is for you! Working in our office in central Brussels (or telework due to covid-19 policy), you will be supporting the team by developing key communications initiatives and materials, as follows:
Communications (approx. 60%)
- Support implementation of annual communications strategy;
- Develop EDAA messaging;
- Support in drafting press releases, blogs and newsletters;
- Ensure EDAA websites are responsive, clear and engaging;
- Develop social media presence and influence;
- Draft and review high-quality communications materials and publications (e.g. infographics) explaining the role and value of EDAA and its activities;
- Organise and participate in a range of internal and external meetings, conferences and events, and support development of the annual “EDAA Summit”.
Projects (approx. 40%)
- Respond to member and consumer requests and queries, and compile relevant statistics;
- Support European level research initiatives;
- Engage with participating members and regularly update organisation’s CRM tool.
What skills and experience you need
- Communications knowledge;
- Project management knowledge (related to communications/events);
- Excellent English writing, editing and proofreading skills (knowledge of other European languages an asset);
- Eye for creativity, with some knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (notably, InDesign and/or PhotoShop) and/or Canva;
- Competent in Microsoft Office: Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Outlook;
- Interest in issues surrounding data protection or online privacy, as well as a keen interest in the digital advertising industry;
- Enthusiastic approach to delivering high quality results with attention to detail;
- Adept problem-solver, demonstrating a positive attitude towards challenges;
- Proactive team player, with an ability to work autonomously towards completion of tasks and responsibilities.
What EDAA offers
- A full time 6-month internship contract (under Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle);
- Support for your individual development;
- The opportunity to experience an international working environment within a small and committed multicultural team;
- Exposure to a diverse range of stakeholders (notably across the advertising industry).
Candidates must already have the right to work in Belgium.
Type of contract: 6-months internship (Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle).
A full application must consist of your CV and cover letter (in English), and – if available – 1 or 2 examples of prior work (written and/or graphic design).
All applications should be sent to Dave Barron at email@example.com, with the subject heading: “EDAA APPLICATION: COMMUNICATIONS & PROJECTS INTERNSHIP”.
The deadline for applications is 18 June 2021. Applications will be treated as they come in. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, for an anticipated start date in July.
Due to the high volume of expected applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.